Is homework getting you down?
Do you wish you had someone to help you out!
Well now there is!
Come to the Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library for Homework Assistance!
National Honor Society students will be available to assist your student with their homework.
Who can come? Students from Grades 1-12
What do I bring? Bring your homework assignment and any supplies needed to work on the assignment. Paper, pencil, etc. (no supplies will be provided)
Bittersweet Branch Library Harris Branch Library
602 Bittersweet Road 51446 Elm Road Mishawaka, IN 46544 Granger, IN 46530
Tuesdays, 6-8 p.m. Thursdays, 6-8 p.m.
starting October 8th starting October 10th
Note: This is for homework assistance only and not a tutoring session.
These are high school students and not trained professionals.
Some programs have started up again and others will begin in the next week or so.
Don’t forget to come in and pick up our fall program brochure!
Story hour registration began Monday, September 9. For more information, you can find the brochure at the top of this page under Sept.-Dec. Programs Brochure.
You can also sign up, for a program, on our website!
Go to www.mphpl.org and click on Events and Registration
To register for a future event either locate the date of the event listed below or click on the date of the event on the calendar in the upper right corner.
If registering for a program series with multiple dates (story hours, cooking classes, etc.) click on the first date the series is held, even if this date has passed.
Week two of Summer Reading is now behind us, but what a week it was! Let’s recap:
- At the downtown Mishawaka Library children traveled back in time to the 1950′s as part of our “Dig Into History” series. We taught the handjive, kids learned the art of the stroll, and we had a fierce hula-hooping and drag race competition. Special thanks to Bonnie Doons for donating ice cream for our delicious root beer floats!
- Children enjoyed a super summer Storytime Sampler at the Bittersweet Branch Library.
- Kids dug into crafts at the Harris Branch Library.
- Children in grades 4-6 learned how to twist balloons from balloon artist Twister Mike at the downtown Mishawaka Library.
- Kids in Preschool through Grade 5 chilled out and earned some minutes for their record sheets in the Harris Branch Library’s cool Reading Bubble!
- Ronald McDonald visited the Harris Branch Library!
- Parents and their children decided to Dig Into Reading and Nutrition at the downtown Mishawaka Library with games, activities, and a yummy sampling of veggies. (pictured below)
- Kids entering grades 2-6 got their hands dirty at the Harris Branch Library’s first Kids Garden Club of the summer.
- 95 adults and children stopped by the downtown Mishawaka Library to make a Father’s Day card at our annual walk-in craft.
- 51 additional adults and child stopped by to make a card for dad at the downtown Mishawaka Library.
- Lady, a friendly Great Pyrenees visited the Bittersweet Branch Library for ‘Paws to Read’ to give kids a fun reading aloud experience.
|“Read 500 minutes and
walk down the path in the Enchanted Forest at Bittersweet to sign the official book.”
What will week three of Summer Reading bring? Stop by any Mishawaka-Penn-Harris Public Library location and find out! Also, don’t forget — registration for non-ticketed July programming begins today, Monday, June 17.
It’s been a great first week of Summer Reading at MPHPL! On Tuesday, children came to help us kick-off summer reading at the Downtown Mishawaka Library with face painting, coin digging, beanbag tossing, and chalk art!
On Thursday, the Michiana Balloon Twisters created their annual summer reading display. This year there is a GIANT bulldozer and construction workers eagerly digging into books. Stop by the Downtown Mishawaka Library to check it out! It’s located near Children’s Services on the lower level. The display usually only lasts a week to two, so be sure to hurry in! And, while you’re here, sign up for our summer reading program. We have programs for all ages – children, teens, and adults.